Expanding Storage capacity in AMIDuOS
The SD Card storage VDI files can be downloaded from the links below.
For Jellybean (4.2.2)
Please follow the below steps to attach the SD Card VDI file to AMI DuOS.
- Download the SD Card VDI file of your choice
- Rename it to sdcard.vdi
- Close AMIDuOS, if it is running
- Take a copy or rename the existing sdcard.vdi file in C:Users<Username>.DuOS (.DuOS folder will be hidden by default)
- Copy the downloaded sdcard.vdi in the same location
- Launch AMIDuOS and check the SD card size in Settings -> Storage -> USB Storage
Note that the Internal and SD Card storage VDI files size will increase or decrease dynamically. The availability of corresponding free memory in your windows root drive(C:) determines the maximum memory that SD card can occupy for AMIDuOS.
The SD Card VDI files are blank and you could move the existing SD card data to Internal Storage, before replacing then move the data back to new SD card once it is expanded.
Not to be confused with storage file(VDI) ‘size’ and ‘capacity’ in this article. The size of the blank SD Card VDI file would be ~2-5MB whereas its capacity would be 32-128GB.
Thanks for reading this tutorial, hope you found it useful. If you still have any questions you can ask us in the comments below. Don’t forget to say thanks.